- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 4 thin sliced cutlets
- ¼ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium high heat.
- Add peppers and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another few minutes.
- Push onions and peppers to edges of the pan and add chicken cutlets.
- Season cutlets in the pan with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook on each side for 5 minutes, then check temperature for doneness.
- Place peppers and onions on top of chicken cutlets.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and cover until melted.
Nutrition: ¼ of recipe serving = 190 calories, 1.5g fiber, 5g carb, 9g fat, 22g protein
Gigi Ravenhall is a Registered Dietitian at Long Island Laparoscopic Surgery focusing on pre and post-operative nutritional education and counseling. Gigi most enjoys the aspect of her work where she gets to know people on an individual basis to provide personalized support.