Our practice is recognized as a leading bariatric surgical facility in the State of New York and represents New York’s top-notch institution for patients suffering from morbid obesity. We have the talent, technology and experience to provide you with the highest quality surgical care.
Dr. Ahmad has an impeccable track record for safety and success with over 30 years experience.
Dr. Ahmad has the largest experience in Robotic Bariatric surgery in Long island and the 5 boroughs of New York.
Mather Hospital with Dr. Ahmad is the First Robotic Center of Excellence in New York State and is currently an Epicenter in Robotic Bariatric Surgery where surgeons from all over the US come to learn Robotic Bariatric Surgery.
Dr. Ahmad has presented his techniques at Oxford UK, London UK, and Lyon, France. Currently, visitors from other parts of the United States as well as Europe visit Dr Ahmad to learn his techniques of robotic bariatric surgery.
In May 2019 Dr Ahmad was awarded first place for his presentation for his technique of robotic sleeve gastrectomy at the international federation of surgery for obesity at Lyon, France.
- Over 14,000 bariatric, general and endoscopic procedures performed
- Currently (2019) Dr Ahmad performs the largest number of bariatric surgeries in Long Island.
- Dr Ahmad and Mather awarded a Center of Excellence since 2007.
- One of the top records for long-term weight loss, high-quality care, and compassionate staff.
- Dr. Ahmad and his practice represent the forefront of Bariatric surgery using the most cutting-edge technology in the state of New York.
- Founder and Director of Mather Hospital Bariatric Facility, a recognized “Center of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery™” by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- Surgeon of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery™ by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery™ by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- One of the first surgeons in Suffolk County to perform the gastric bypass surgery, utilizing the laparoscopic approach.
- Dr. Ahmad is rated one of America’s top surgeons by Pulse magazine and the Consumer Research Council
- Named one of the top 15 leaders in Bariatric surgery in America by Newsweek magazine
- Dr. Ahmad has been named a “Leader in Weight Loss” by TIME Magazine, and is featured in the October 7th, 2013 edition.
Dr. Ahmad is a pioneer in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. He is the first bariatric surgeon in Long Island to use the advanced daVinci robotic system to perform a bariatric procedure.