- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp. oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 15oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz. can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 15oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Plain, low-fat, Greek yogurt (for topping)
- Cilantro, chopped (for topping)
- Lime, quartered (for topping)
- In a large pot on medium to high heat add olive oil.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, jalapeño and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, paprika, thyme and oregano and cook for another minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes and vegetable stock, stir together and simmer 1 hour.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend until smooth.
- Top with: 1 heaping tbs. Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, and/or lime.
Nutrition: 1/8 of recipe serving = 161 calories, 13.6g protein, 6g fiber, 21g carb, 2.6g fat
Recipe by: Gigi Ravenhall, RDN