- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Add broth and pumpkin puree and cook until simmering.
- Carefully, use an immersion blender to blend smooth, or puree in blender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Greek yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition: 1/4 of recipe serving = 111 calories, 2.5g fiber, 9.6g carb, 4.7g fat, 8g protein
Gigi Ravenhall is a Registered Dietitian at Long Island Laparoscopic Surgery focusing on pre and post-operative nutritional education and counseling. Gigi most enjoys the aspect of her work where she gets to know people on an individual basis to provide personalized support.