Serving Size: 8
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby kale, washed
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, place orange on it’s end and carefully cut the skin off.
- Cut out orange segments and place in a large salad bowl.
- Into a smaller bowl, squeeze out what is left of the orange once segments have been removed. This should be about 1 tablespoon of juice.
- Whisk in red wine vinegar, honey, and olive oil.
- Stir in cranberries. Let this sit for a few minutes so the cranberries can soak up extra flavor.
- Place baby kale, sliced onions and walnuts in the salad bowl with the orange slices.
- Pour vinaigrette with cranberries over kale mixture and toss until fully coated with dressing.
How to cut segments from an orange: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKPGFOg3xOs
Nutrition: 1 serving = 123 calories, 2g fiber, 8.7g carb, 9.6g fat, 2.7g protein