Why Choose Us?
Dr. Arif Ahmad is recognized as a leading bariatric & general surgeon on Long Island. His expert team represents New York’s top-notch institution for patients suffering from morbid obesity and more. We have the talent, technology, and experience to provide you with the highest quality surgical care.
Bariatric & General Surgery Accreditation and Accomplishments
- One of the lowest complication rates for Bariatric & General surgery procedures in NY state.
- Over 5000 Bariatric procedures.
- Including 500 Robotic Assisted bariatric procedures!
- 200 Hernia Repairs utilizing the Robotic!
- Specialist in General Surgery Procedures (Hernias, GERD, Gallstones & More)
- Dr. Ahmad has an impeccable track record for safety and success with over 30 years experience.
- Director of Robotic Surgery at Mather Hospital.
- Director of Mather Hospital Bariatric Facility, a recognized “Center of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery™” by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- Recognized as a Leading Bariatric & General Surgeon on Long Island.
- Surgeon of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery™ by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- Surgeon of Excellence in Robotic Surgery™ by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- 0 percent mortality in Bariatric surgery in more than 5000 cases over 15 years.
- Most Sleeve Gastrectomy Procedures, Gastric bypass Surgeries, and Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Bands in Suffolk county.
- The largest number of bariatric procedures on Long Island. With the lowest complication rates in New York state.
- Has performed the largest number of bariatric surgeries in Suffolk County, every year for the last seven years. (2009 to 2016)
- Awarded a Center of Excellence since 2007.
- One of the top records for long-term weight loss, high-quality care, and compassionate staff
- Dr. Ahmad and his practice represent the forefront of Bariatric surgery using the most cutting edge technology in the state of New York
- One of the first surgeons in Suffolk County to perform the gastric bypass surgery, utilizing the laparoscopic approach.
- Performed the first single incision Realize Gastric Banding in Long Island.
- Dr. Ahmad is rated one of America’s top surgeons by Pulse magazine and the Consumer Research Council
- Named one of the top 15 leaders in Bariatric surgery in America by Newsweek magazine
- Dr. Ahmad has been Named a “Leader in Weight Loss” by TIME Magazine, and is featured in the October 7th, 2013 edition.
Dr. Ahmad is a pioneer in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. He is the first bariatric surgeon in Suffolk County to use the advanced daVinci robotic system to perform a bariatric procedure.
click here to request an appointment online