Intragastric Balloon Procedures
Information About the Intragastric Balloon?
Intragastric Balloon is a form of weight loss that is a two-part program. A Patients first step of the program begins with the placement of a soft balloon in your stomach. Using a non-surgical endoscopic approach the balloon is placed inside the stomach. During this time the patient is placed in our Medical Weight Management program.
Intragastric Balloon device works by taking up space in your stomach. Overall helps promotes smaller portion sizes and healthier, mindful eating and better lifestyle choices.
Procedure & Steps to Success
- Balloon is inflated to approximately a size of a grapefruit inside patients stomach.
- After 6 months the balloon is removed.
- Patient remains on our Medical Weight Management program, for an additional 6 months.
Is the Intragastric Balloon Right for Me?
Below is a list of basic requirements a patient must meet to be considered for this procedure. If you feel you do not meet these requirements please call our office at 631-689-0220.
- BMI (BODY MASS INDEX) 30-35 (No Co-morbidities required)
- Patients must be willing to participate in a medically supervised program for up to 12 months.
Intragastric balloon is NOT covered under insurance and will be an out of pocket expense.
What’s the next step?
To register for a consultation appointment with Dr. Arif Ahmad and to discuss your options further, please fill out the form below.