Weight Loss Surgery in Long Island, NY
One of the rising health issues in the USA and all over the world is obesity. Unhealthy food, work-related stress, and a sedentary lifestyle are only few of the main factors that contribute to the rise of obesity cases. It is linked to a number of health problems including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes, and other debilitating diseases. Dr. Arif Ahmad understands all the health risks that come with obesity. He offers hope to persons suffering from the condition through best weight loss surgery in Long Island NY.
The Challenges of Being Overweight
A number of people, including those who are just a little above their ideal weight, make it their goal to get rid of all that fat. There are many factors that cause obesity which include the following:
- Lifestyle – Poor diet, eating unhealthy food choices, drinking too much alcohol, inefficient time management, and lack of sleep can make one at risk of being obese.
- Lack of Physical Activities – Individuals with desk-bound jobs are prone to developing obesity because they do not need to exert much physical effort to do their work. Another is the option of using their cars when getting around instead of walking the distance or riding a bicycle. A sedentary lifestyle increases the chances of obesity in an individual.
- Genetics – In rare cases, genetic traits that trigger slow metabolism are seen as culprits in obesity cases. Slow metabolism, for one, makes losing weight much more challenging. However, in most cases, when obesity is evident in all family members, reasons could be attributed to the poor eating habits and other environmental factors developed during childhood.
Being overweight or obese does not only reflect an unhealthy lifestyle but is also indicative of several underlying health issues. This chronic condition has deprived many Americans of a healthy and happy life. On a daily basis, obese individuals find themselves struggling with even the slightest physical activity. They experience body pain, laborious breathing, limited body movement, and low self-esteem. Persons with severe weight problems also develop chronic health issues such as gallbladder disease, Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol level, sleep apnea, and high blood pressure, to name a few.
Obesity is a risky condition in itself, and morbid obesity is on another level. Many overweight individuals have struggled with putting a stop to habits that greatly contributed to their condition. However, many have failed to cure their current condition for they have already developed morbid obesity, which is more difficult to treat using traditional weight loss practices.
Weight loss surgery is one of the best options for individuals who suffer because of morbid obesity. Here in Long Island, NY, there is only one weight loss surgeon that can deliver the best weight loss surgery results. Dr. Arif Ahmad is offering the latest Weight loss Surgery program to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
What You Should Know About Weight Loss Surgery
Weight loss surgery is one of the effective and proven ways to treat obesity. However, people cannot immediately decide to undergo weight loss surgery without careful evaluation and consideration. Sufficient preparation, strong motivation, and full understanding of the programs (including the benefits and risks) are essential before considering surgery.
Weight loss surgery, also referred to as bariatric surgery, is any type of surgical steps that is performed to help patients lose significant weight.
Weight loss surgery can help in the following ways:
✔ Weight loss surgery prevents a patient from eating too much by reducing the size of the stomach. This will make people feel satiated with less food, thus, making them eat less.
✔ Weight loss surgery changes how patients handle the food that they consume. The goal of the procedure is to make food skip the intestine; therefore, less amount of calories is absorbed by the body.
Generally, weight loss surgery long island has been proven to be very effective in helping people with weight problems achieve their goals. Weight loss surgery produces higher success rate of weight loss compared with traditional treatment that incorporates diet and weight loss tablet intake. For individuals who are morbidly obese, weight loss surgery is the best treatment.
Questions to Consider
Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for Me?
- Are you more than 80 to 100 pounds over your ideal body weight?
- Do you have health problems such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, or sleep apnea?
- Are you unable to achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period of time by diet or exercise alone?
- Does your weight cause physical problems that interfere with family or work-related activities?
- Are you willing to take the first step to proactively make a lifestyle change in order to improve your health and quality of life?
- Are you well informed about the available surgical programs and the effects of these treatments?
- What is the track record of your surgeon and their program?
- Does the bariatric surgery program provide the needed support and aftercare to enhance your success?
- Does the bariatric program provide the personal attention that you need and deserve?
Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Weight loss surgery is an effective way of treating severe weight problems. It helps patients significantly lose weight and reduces the risk of medical health issues associated with weight problems. There are two main ways in which weight loss surgery can be beneficial:
- MALABSORPTION – Weight loss surgery helps shorten a part of the small intestine, thereby reducing the amount of calories absorbed by the body.
- RESTRICTION – Weight loss surgery is performed in obese patients to limit the amount of food that the stomach can physically hold.
The four common types of weight loss surgery performed on patients that are at risk are:
- Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
How We Can Help You
Dr. Arif Ahmad is the best weight loss surgeon in Long Island, NY. He will help you achieve your weight loss goals through the following bariatric surgery procedures:
Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy is a restrictive form of bariatric surgery. In this surgical procedure, the surgeon will shrink the stomach to approximately 15 percent of the original size. Due to the reduced stomach size, patients are able to feel fuller on smaller portions of food. Sleeve surgery also works by reducing the hunger hormone “Ghrelin.” Most of these ghrelin-produced cells are removed when the resection of the fundus is performed.
Sleeve surgery is a more effective procedure when used in conjunction with diet, exercise, and regular post-surgical visits with Dr. Arif Ahmad’s bariatric team.
Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass is considered the “Gold Standard” in weight loss surgery procedures because of its excellent long-term weight loss results. This surgical procedure is a restrictive and malabsorptive technique in weight loss. It restricts the amount of food a patient can eat. The stomach pouch is decreased in size; therefore, it limits the body’s ability to absorb fat from food. To date, this procedure is still classified as one of the most successful bariatric weight loss options available.
Minimally Invasive Gastric Band Surgery
Gastric Band surgery involves placing an adjustable silicone tube that is formed into a ring around the proximal stomach. This Gastric band is considered a restrictive form surgery for people who want to lose weight. It works by limiting the amount of food that is allowed to pass through the stomach at one time. Patients find themselves feeling fuller for longer periods of time with just a small portion of food intake.
Why Choose Dr. Arif Ahmad
Dr. Ahmad is a laparoscopic surgeon who performs a wide range of surgical services. These include bariatric and gastrointestinal procedures to treat chronic medical conditions such as obesity, diverticulitis, hernias, and cancer, to name a few. These surgical programs are carefully performed to help patients be in their best shape and healthiest state. Through a safe and minimally invasive procedure, patients can look and feel at their best.
Dr. Arif Ahmad is the trusted weight loss surgeon in Long Island, NY. He has perfected the utilization of the most advanced weight loss surgery procedures to provide his patients successful results every time. The results of each weight loss surgery may differ depending on the steps and the present condition of the patient, However, undergoing the procedure with Dr. Ahmad means that you can start living a new life as a healthier and happier person.
Achieve your ideal weight and a healthier life. Call us today to know how you can get the best weight loss surgery procedure by Dr. Arif Ahmad.